As the training and research arm of APRACA, CENTRAB is committed to assist its member institutions in developing their rural finance systems through training and research.
- Design, conduct and evaluate regional level workshops, core, current and special courses as well as research and comparative studies on rural finance;
- Establish system for supervision and technical audit of training activities to strengthen internal policy-making processes; and
- Upgrade networking facilities and instructional resources.
- To facilitate and promote the transfer of innovative technologies, ideas and practices in rural finances between and among member institutions and countries;
- To facilitate provision of training to member institutions; and
- To facilitate national, regional and international cooperation in training, special studies, and researches in credit and other rural financial systems.